Today is a specialized 5 Find Friday. My kids always love it when we get something that comes in a huge box. It means playtime. Well, here are a few different ways to create something seriously fun from your next cardboard box.
1) I pinned this slide idea the other day and you can find more details HERE at the Contemplative Creative. This looks like a lot of fun. (If it makes you nervous, just put a bike helmet on your child :)
2) This superhero car and reading nook stuck around our house for almost two and a half years. It does take more than one box. However, you can usually find leftover boxes for free. The boys used it a lot. We finally parted with it a couple of months ago as the stickers began to fall off. Find more info about it HERE.
3) A Gas Pump. I wish I'd thought of this one. It's from Parenting Magazine (January 2011). My boys would love to ride their bikes around and then "fill up." They do that with our leaf blower in the garage when they're out riding bikes. This is even better.
4) Furniture. Child-sized furniture is really expensive, but so cute. Why not make your own? Find out how HERE on Spoonful.
5) Light It Up. We did this last year to add a little extra fun to our cardboard box playhouse. The original idea came from HERE.
All these projects kind of make me want to go out and find a giant box. I can't wait to try the slide and I think it'd be fun to make some child-sized chairs for the boys' rooms.
And that's all for today. Thanks for dropping by.