Back when I was in college I had a blank poster I taped on my wall. I added the words, "Things that make Cheri happy" and every day I would add something to it along with a little picture I'd draw. I wish I still had that poster. It made me smile just to look at it and read through the things.
I think gratitude is so important to our happiness and I don't feel like I've been keeping tack of the things I'm grateful for as much lately. So, I thought I'd make a little list here to get me started and then start a list by my bed again that I can write on at night.
So here are 5 things that make me really happy.
1) Green Turn Left Arrows. What's not to love?
2) How when one of my kids is being a total punk, the other seems to notice and becomes so kind and helpful to me. The boys were fighting today and Rex was driving me crazy. Baden came over and said, "I'm going to try really hard not to be mean, Mom." Thank you. You can have all the inheritance, son. :)
3) Popsicles. I'm sensing an addiction for the summer. We are going to be making a LOT of popsicles. I just can't get enough of them. Plus, it's nice that you can make them pretty healthy, too.
4) Pictures. Sometimes when I feel down I just scroll through the pictures on my phone and it makes me really happy. I love that it doesn't cost anything to capture memories these days.
5) I only have about 3 weeks left until I get to meet Elsa. I'll probably be induced the first week in June and as things get more and more uncomfortable it's nice to know that we're not that far off now.
So, do you have a way to keep track of things you're thankful for? Do you keep a journal or jots things down? I'd love to hear about it.
Thanks for reading.