As soon as I heard I was having a boy (when I was pregnant with Rex) people would chime in and say, "Oh, it's so hard to find cute boy clothing. It's just not the same as dressing a girl." And while it's definitely not the same as dressing a girl, there are seriously cute clothes for boys, too. You just have to know where to look and you just have to look a little harder at times.
So, here are my 5 top places to shop for my boys. (Keep in mind my taste is less fire trucks and puppies and more rock n' roll, skater, or little man.)
1) Target. This one is a little more obvious, but I can't ignore my target love. My love for Target runs deep - probably deeper than it should. I could spend the day there. Anyhow, where was I?
I particularly love the Shaun White clothing line there. Now that Rex can wear that size, it's not hard to find a cool sweatshirt or thermal for him there.
Plus, I just realized that online, you can purchase the Shaun White line in toddler sizes HERE. I wish I would have know that a while back.
Target's clothing is pretty reasonably priced and I love to find cool sweatshirts in the spring when they clearance them out.
2) Naartjie. Some of you might not be familiar with this store. It's not nation-wide and it's definitely not world-wide.
What I love most about Naartjie clothing is that it has an element of funkiness, but it's also extremely comfortable.
The prices are a little more than I like to pay, but they have great sales and markdowns.
Their shirts have lots of details and patches, which I love.
They also always have really cute hats. Their girl clothing is really gorgeous, but I haven't really shopped it much, since I haven't had a reason to until now.
3) H&M. This store has some amazing prices and it's a great place to shop if you lean towards really hip, trendy clothing and bright colors.
For example, this slightly more fitted tee is $5.95. I have it in different colors for my boys and I love it. They can layer it up or wear it alone. I love stripes.
The colored pants are under $10.
They also have really cool shoes and accessories there. Baden has a fedora I bought there that he's been wearing a lot and I love it.
4) Zulily. I wrote about Zulily once before right HERE. It does take a while for items to ship, but there are some great deals out there.
If you need an invite, click HERE. It was these little pants that originally got me and I placed my first order there. (FYI - They have them in stock right now, but the sale on them ends today.)
I purchased this sweatshirt there and it is the coolest sweatshirt I've ever seen. It has thumb holes and a cool graphic on the back and a strip that unsnaps at the bottom back of the sweatshirt to reveal a reflector strip to use when riding a bike.
While I haven't ordered clothing for myself there because returns aren't easy, I have no problem buying things there for the boys. Their sizing is pretty simple. They even often have cute baby boy stuff.
If you don't know how Zulily works, just check out my post about it HERE.
5) Nordstrom Rack. I don't shop here a ton, but when I do I always find something great. It's all the sweet brands from Nordstrom, but highly discounted. It's the stuff that hasn't sold right away, but it's still great stuff and it isn't damaged in anyway.
They often have cool character shirts, but in a more tasteful way.
Some of it's still out of my price range, but they have nice suits and good shoes as well. I like to buy the boys shoes there sometimes.
And that's my round up of favorite boy shopping. (I'll also give honorable mention to TJ Max. They often have great jeans there. AND homemade items are still my personal favorite.) Do you have a favorite boy store? Feel free to share it in the comment section.
Thanks for reading.