Here are some ideas for week 2 of our Summer Mommy School. I picked the theme of Space for the week. Here are a few links/ideas that we'll be trying.
1) Make a rocket out of recycled materials. (The original source isn't a blog anymore, so I don't have a link. However, it's pretty self-explanatory.)
2) I might have to let the boys splurge on some Oreos just because this moom phase idea is really cool. You can find it HERE.
3) Here's a good filler worksheet for basic, simple math and coloring fun. It's HERE.
5) I think it would be fun for us to make our own solar system, painting balls and setting them up like she did HERE.
6) And for cooking we'll make "Wookie Cookies" like THIS, but I'll actually probably use THIS recipe because it's really healthy and the boys and I both like them. (I have to throw a little Star Wars into the space unit, you know.)
Planning these weeks is actually making me excited about the summer. I can't wait to try this all out with the boys. If you have any other space-related ideas or activities, feel free to share them in the comment section. I know I've only scratched the surface here.
Thanks for dropping in.