Today's craft is a "Be" sign with a vintage look. I wanted some inspirational art for our family room and I love vintage signs, so I wanted it to look old and worn.
1) I started with a cheap piece of plywood. I choose one with a big crack in it so it would have a little more character.
2) I brushed on my turquoise paint, but I watered it down so the wood grain would show through.
3) I printed off the text I wanted in different fonts so I could have a guide. I painted each phrase in a different color and in a different font. I ran some of the words off the edge of the sign.
4) After all the words were done, I roughed it all up with some sandpaper and gave it a coat of this (but I watered it down big time.) You could use any brown paint and just water it down.
5) I dry-brushed a little black paint on the edges and called it done. Here's a few final shots.
And now you can see how it incorporates the same colors from the pillow I made last week and the rug colors, too.
I did the letters free hand and if you do the same, don't be overly-concerned about making them perfect. I think the hand-painted look is charming. Good luck! Let me know if you try it!
Thank you SO much for stopping by. Tomorrow I have a fun edition to the playroom. Stay tuned!