If you are experiencing low milk supply, you can try using the best breast pump to increase your milk supply. All you have to do is choose the right one.
Is increasing milk supply even possible using a breast pump? Yes, it’s quite possible, if you know you are doing.
First, you have to understand yourself, choose your food carefully, and carefully go through the recommended breasts in this article so you can choose based on your preferences.
Some of these are actually great for helping you express milk easily, so you can continue breastfeeding even if you are busy.
Second, make sure you have criteria before making a buying decision. Unlike baby bottles and similar baby products, breast pumps usually cost an average of $$ and above.
This means you should endeavor to choose the right breast pump, the first time and prevent buyer remorse. If you are ready to choose your next breast pump, check out these recommendations:
Best Breast Pump to Increase Milk Supply – 2022 Reviews
1. Medela Symphony Hospital Grade Breastpump
The Symphony incorporates the best features that the world can offer to the discerning mother. Properly used, the equipment can make expressing milk an enjoyable experience.
This is a breast pump that’s designed to mimic the natural suckling of your baby so you can enjoy expressing milk, even while on the go.
Can it help you increase milk supply?
It’s specifically designed to help you maintain your breast milk supply.
So, if you are not able to produce milk up to your satisfaction, this is a breast pump that can help you initiate the process and keep you in the look.
Before using it for the first time, and subsequently, once a day, it is highly advisable to sanitize the equipment.
All the parts that come in direct contact with the breast and milk should be disassembled and washed.
The parts may be boiled in a pan for about twenty minutes; after which the excess water may be drained off and the parts cooled in the open pan.
The cooled part should be left to dry in the air.
The company strongly advises against any use of microwave equipment for sanitizing the parts, lest it should cause any damage.
After the milk has been fully expressed, excess milk may be stored in a deep freezer to inhibit the growth of bacteria. Milk stored thus can be used over a period of three to six months.
Special freezers, where the temperature can be maintained at about minus twenty-degree centigrade, breastmilk can be stored for approximately six to twelve months.
How efficient is it?
Not only is it powerful, but it’s also very efficient. It’s specifically designed for working moms who want to pump on the go.
And if you are an exclusive pump, it can help you shave off time from each pumping session.
Is it durable?
When it comes to sturdiness, it’s one of the strongest breast pumps you’ll ever find on the market. The only downside is that you may not be able to find an alternative (on time) if it breaks down.
Considering the price, this may be a let down for some. But since it’s a quality, durable product, we expect that it won’t break down early like other flimsy products.
2. Spectra Baby USA – S1 Plus Premier Electric Breast Pump
Lactation consultants, as well as moms everywhere, love the Spectra Baby USA breast pump.
It has been created to make a mother’s breastfeeding journey as comfortable and confident as is possible.
The Spectra S1 Plus pump has a suction strength (maximum) of 250mmHG and you can use it as a double or single pump. It is completely flexible with touch buttons for ease of use.
How easy is it to use?
It’s one of the easiest breast pumps to use out there. The night light illuminates in a dark area so you don’t have to worry about pumping at night when there is a power outage.
It also comes with a timer that automatically shuts down the pump after a pre-defined period.
Compared to other breast pumps, where you have to set the timer on your phone, this one allows lets you develop a consistent period of time for pumping.
Not only is this great for minimizing your energy, but it also makes your life easier.
How loud is it?
Compare to the Medela Lactina and some other pumps, it’s quiet to allow you to accept a call while pumping.
You can also use it at work without disturbing colleagues. If you are a working mother looking to increase your milk supply, those are the two most important things you need.
What are the positive aspects of this pump?
- It is a closed system
- Offers quiet pumping
- Fully empties the breast during suction and can thus increase the milk supply of a mother.
Are there certain things I should be aware of?
- It comes with a single size of breast flanges though you may order other sizes.
- It is slightly on the expensive side.
3. Medela, Swing, Single Electric Breast Pump
The Medela Swing Breast Pump is one of the quietest, if not the quietest pump on the market.
Some of the reviews from mothers who regularly use the pump even say it’s quieter than their babies are while feeding.
What settings does it have?
On the control console, you’ll find a + and – button to adjust the vacuum level to find the most comfortable setting.
Holding down one or the other will adjust the vacuum more rapidly and a green LCD light with flash when you’ve achieved the minimum or maximum vacuum level for the pump.
Just above and below the vacuum controls, you’ll find the on/off button and the let-down button.
Overall it’s a very simple, easy to use control system that you should get the hang of in no time.
Is the pump safe for my baby?
As is the case with most breast pumps on the market, all the parts of the Medela Swing that come into contact with the milk are BPA free.
Meaning that the plastics used are free from contaminants that could harm your baby.
While this is commonplace in most baby products today, you should always check with the manufacturer or retailer if you’re unsure.
The other consideration when it comes to safety is whether or not a pump uses an open or closed system.
A closed system means that the tubing and motor are protected from the milk overflowing by a diaphragm.
This helps to prevent parts of the unit from becoming contaminated if milk accidentally gets inside it.
The Medela Swing uses an open system which means there is no diaphragm to prevent this from occurring.
However, you’ll find that as long as you keep an eye on how much milk you have expressed it’s very, uncommon for any overflow to occur.
If it does, you should ensure all parts are cleaned immediately after use.
What accessories does the pump come with?
Out of the box, you’ll find 2 collection containers and lids, a collection stand, a carry bag, shoulder strap, AC Adapter, and an instruction manual.
The drawstring bag isn’t exactly a fashion accessory but it’s a nice addition for those who decide to use it.
Most mothers will likely prefer to carry the pump around in a purse or something equally conspicuous.
The manual is brief but manages to cover pretty much everything you’ll need to know about the pump from the operation, to cleaning and troubleshooting.
When you are trying to increase your milk supply, there isn’t any trick or ruse to apply. However, using the right breast pump can help you increase your milk supply.
While the food you eat and your genetics take a huge part, you can produce more milk by actually pumping.
Fortunately for you, there are a lot of breast pumps you can choose to help you supercharge your milk supply.
By the time you are reading this, you should already have a breast pump in mind to choose from the list of the best breast to increase milk supply.
Finally, our recommended breast pump for more milk is the Medela Symphony Hospital Grade Breastpump.
Check out some other picks from Amazon also:
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE: This lightweight manual breast pump has an ergonomic, easy-express handle to reduce hand fatigue. It can be easily carried...
- IDEAL PUMPING: This pump features dual mode pumping and includes 2 flange sizes (standard 25 millimeter and large 30.5 millimeter), and Natural Wave...
- CONVENIENT AND HYGIENIC: Lansinoh breast pumps allow you to pump directly into our pre-sterilized Lansinoh breastmilk storage bags for a convenient,...
- BY AND FOR MOMS: Founded by a breastfeeding mom, Lansinoh is committed to helping moms succeed in breastfeeding with breast pumps, nursing pads,...
- MOM FOUNDED AND PARENT LED: Founded by a breastfeeding mom, Lansinoh has supported moms for 35 years, breast pumps, nipple creams, nursing pads, and...
- 【Wearable & Portable】: Lightweight Rainyb hand free breast pump has 1200mAh capacity rechargeable battery , good for travel and on the go. You can...
- 【Safe & No Leaks】: All parts are made from food grade material and BPA-free. No worry about potential chemicals into mom's breast milk. You can...
- 【Adjustable Suction】: 3 modes & 9 levels of smart suction technology adjusts based on your preference. Breast pumping mode Imitating the baby's...
- 【Silent & Thoughtful Design】: Ultra-quiet low noise, Rainyb portable breast pump sound is less than 40 DB when working, not to disturb the baby...
- 【Warm Tips】: Wearable breast pump is recommended to sit in a comfortable posture before use, apply heat with a hot towel and gently massage the...
- 【HOSPITAL GRADE & 6 MODES 150 LEVELS】BP-16 is IKARE's latest innovation in hospital-grade electric double pumps. 5 Preset Modes and each has 6...
- 【STRONG SUCTION & SUPER QUIET】Our Double-electric breast pump design with strong suction (115-320 mmHg) can achieve high efficient suckling,...
- 【TOUCHSCREEN & CLOSED SYSTEM】The backlit touchscreen makes pumping at night easier than ever. Closed system with Overflow Protection, preventing...
- 【RECHARGEABLE & PORTABLE 】 Built-in rechargeable battery for convenient pumping anywhere you are. 3-hour battery life between charges. Compact,...
- 【REPLACEABLE FLANGE & COOLER BAG】Come with 21/24/27mm flange sizes. Removable cooler bag with a contoured ice pack, holds 2 breast milk bottles...
- ♥ Newborn Breastfeeding Essentials - haakaa silicone breastpump 100ml & silicone colostrum collector 2pcs Combo. They are the perfect breastfeeding...
- ♥ World-First Design - haakaa Colostrum Collector-Collect, Store and Feed colostrum safely and simply. Colostrum generally refers to the breast milk...
- ♥ Safe, Reusable and Money-Saving - The Newborn Essentials are made of 100% safe and durable silicone with BPV, PVA and phthalate-free. Moreover,...
- ♥ Portable & Compact Design and Silent - Both haakaa colostrum collector and haakaa hand pump are portable design, with no cords, batteries or...
- ♥ Easy to Clean and Sterilize - Wash before and after each use. We recommend hand washing in warm soapy water with soft bristle brushes or soft...
- PUMP EASILY – Make your pump hands-free & discreet. Our cups replace the bottles and flanges on your compatible pump so you can pump with your...
- LIGHTWEIGHT – Single or double pump with ultra-lightweight comfortable cups. Each cup holds up to 8 ounces of breast milk. Easy to clean– Hand...
- BEST FIT – Cup set includes (2) 25mm and (2) 28mm breast flanges and can be sized for your best fit with soft silicone Freemie Standard Fitmie...
- SAFE – The first and only patented breast pump cups, FDA-cleared, made with food-safe, medical-grade plastic. Made without latex, BPS, BPA or DEHP...
- COMPATIBILITY – Use with Freemie Wearable Pumps or other approved pumps. Only works with compatible pumps. Make sure your pump is compatible before...