I thought it would be fun to spice things up a bit and invite a guest blogger to write my "Soapbox Saturday" this week. So, I chose Leca from Leca Unplugged. You probably have your set list of craft blogs you visit, but do you have a just-because-I-need-to-laugh blog? That's where she comes in. She is a ton of fun and happens to be one of the best moms I know. There's only one problem with asking her to write my post, though. She's my sister....and she didn't keep that a secret. May I introduce...Leca!
Hi! I'm Leca and I'll be your host for Cheri's blog today.
You may have noticed that Cheri's craft blog is just about as amazing as it gets. You may be wondering to yourself "What is the deal with this chick? Is she good at everything?"
I'm here to tell you that yes, she is indeed good at everything, except maybe camping.... oh yeah, and cartwheels. (We won't dwell on that too long though cause she is a little sensitive about the cartwheels.)
On Soapbox Saturdays Cheri usually likes to tell you about something that she really thinks everyone should know. So today, I thought you'd really like to know a little bit more about Cheri.
This is going to be fun!
1. You should know that once upon a time Cheri used to have C3PO underoos and wore them with pride. Wouldn't it be cool if they made them in adult sizes? Then I would totally mail her a pair.
2. You should know that Cheri has a passion for macaroni and cheese. But only the Kraft kind. I believe she holds the world record for most consumed in a life time.
3. You might also like to know that Cheri is an accomplished musician. She is a concert pianist as well as a songwriter, piano teacher, and dictator (But not like the bossy kind of dictator-- the music listener and writer down kind of dictator.)
4. You should know that Cheri speaks fluent Portugese. This is something that she doesn't talk about a lot but it makes for great party conversation. Especially if you are at a party in Portugal or Brazil or something. Then it comes in real handy.
5. You should know that Cheri used to save all of her Halloween candy and used to bribe her sisters with it later when theirs was all gone. She also used to gamble with it over heated games of crazy eights and black jack. (I bet you didin't know she had such a dicey past-- did ya?)
6. In the late 80's Cheri single handidly started the scooter craze. She was one of the first on the block to own a scooter. I believe it was mint green with white handles. You can thank her for bringing the scooter back. She might even make a sales commision from Razor... I'm not sure about that one though.
7. You should know that Cheri does a mean car dance. The next time you are at a red light look side to side and you may catch a glimpse of her getting her groove on. Trust me it's worth seeing.
8. (I'm going for 8 here cause that's Cheri's favorite number-- bet you didn't know that either.) (Oh, I'm goooood!) Last, but not least Cheri has a unique gift for hoarding her money. When she was a kid she used to ask if she could skip lunch and have the money instead. She is the truest kind of penny pincher. She will never be the friend who asks you to spot her some cash. Unless of coarse she forgets her wallet and then well, she'll be asking to borrow some moola. But she's totally good for it, I assure you.
Well now, that was fun! If you'd like to hear more from me just pop on over to my blog to visit me some time. It's not too far of a trip. Just click here.