Well, you are probably expecting a crafty post today, but to be totally honest I'm really tired. It was a long weekend and I didn't get everything done that I needed to. So, that being said, I thought I'd take a moment and tell you a little more about the person who writes this blog. Yeah, that's me. I'm hoping you won't think of this as self-indulgent. I actually love it when blogs I love tell us about themselves.
So, here are 10 random facts about me.
1) I've never had long fingernails in my life. I've kept them short for guitar and piano, but even when I'm not regularly playing I can't stand them being long. I've also never had a manicure. I joke that I have man hands because they are large and I can play a 10th on the piano without stretching too hard.
2) Don't hate me for this, but I can't stand the word "swoon." Pretty much everyone uses it in blogland, but the word makes me cringe. In fact if you're going to decide not to like me for that, I'll give you another reason. I've never watched all of Pride and Prejudice and I couldn't stand the parts I have seen. It's just not me. I'm not that kind of a romantic...or swooner. Yeah, I just made that word up.
3) In third grade we had an origami unit. I checked out origami books from the library to learn more and sold my paper cranes and other items at recess. I earned a lot of change until the teacher found out I was selling stuff at school. Sadly, she ended it. I've always been cheap and I save every dime.
4) I know it's gross, but I love macaroni and cheese. I always have. It's not classy, but I adore it. The spirals are my favorite, but I don't buy them because they are a lot more expensive per ounce. Yes, I told you I was cheap.
5) Until I got pregnant with Rex, my biggest fear in life had always been that I wouldn't be able to have kids. It took almost a year to get pregnant (which I realize isn't that long, but it felt like forever, especially due to my fear). This picture was from his first Sunday at church.
6) I currently have a PC that doesn't work very well. I had a Macbook when Rex was a baby. I was in love with it and I never had one problem with it until I accidentally poured a full bottle of breastmilk into it. Nasty? Yes. Sad? Very. I still mourn the loss. It never turned on again and even the computer genius from the repair shop couldn't restore anything.
7) I have virtually no natural athletic ability. My husband prays that our boys will get his athletic abilities. Playing team sports in gym class always made me extremely uncomfortable because I don't like doing things I'm bad at and I don't like letting people down.
8) I hate opening the dough that comes in cans because I can't open it without jumping a little. I hate being late. I hate it when you're second in a long line at a store and another register opens and no one gives you the courtesy of going there first even though you've been waiting 10 minutes longer than they have. (I know I need to get over that one, but it ticks me off.)
9) I love traveling and I dream of taking my husband to Portugal (where I served a mission for my church.) I served on an island for 6 months of the year and a half I was there (Terceira in the Azores) and I dream about walking the cobblestone sidewalks with him and watching a live bull fight in the streets. (They aren't the mean bull fights. They just literally block off a street and let a bull run around while some of the crazy people jump in front of him.)
10) If I had so much money that I didn't know what to do with it I might just hire a chef because I hate cooking. However, in all honesty I don't think I would live much differently than I do now because I'd feel guilty knowing the money could go to better causes. I might splurge a little on traveling though.
And that's me in a nutshell. Well, that's me in a really random nutshell because some of those things I just told you are a bit weird. Anyhow, thank for dropping in and getting to know me a little better. See you tomorrow.