Today we have Beckie from Infarrantly Creative to share a great CHRISTmas idea. I am a big fan of Beckie for several reasons. She is talented and smart. She's also been a really kind, helpful friend to me in this blogging world. Last week in THIS POST I told you about her other sites she recently started. She's upbeat and hard working. Welcome Beckie!
Hello there, I am Beckie from Infarrantly Creative. I was honored when Cheri asked me to be a part of her Christ in CHRISTmas series. As a born again Christian, Christmas is a way for me to stop and focus on the birth of Jesus. Often with the chaos of the holiday the focus of Christ gets lost in the presents and decorations. I thought what better way to help me celebrate my Savior than to create a “12 days of CHRISTmas journal” that I can use to take time out of my day to focus on my Savior.
I had Louisa from Flipawoo Designs help me to create a printable for this purpose. Each day of the 12 days before Christmas I have selected a passage of Scripture or a video applicable to the birth of Christ to help you focus on the real reason for this season. On each of the 12 pages you will have a spot for journaling and a written prayer all in a cute little keepsake accordion journal.
3 pieces of colored 12” x 12” cardstock (I used black)
2” hole punch
3” hole punch
paper cutter with scoring blade
double sided adhesive
velcro tab1. Score 2 of the 12” sheets of paper at 3” 6” and 9”.
2. Then cut the paper at 6” (you will have four 6” pieces total). Then accordion fold them back and forth.
3. Using your double sided adhesive attach the 4 accordion folded cardstock pieces together overlapping the ends.
4. Next cut a 6” x 12” piece of coordinating cardstock out. Score it at 3” and 3 1/2”. Then measure from the 3 1/2” score and score again at 3” and 3 1/2”. Then score the last little bit in half. Here is a picture to illustrate that.
5. Fold the right side over and glue in place. Fold the rest of the lines inward.
6. Next glue the accordion onto the front flap and middle piece. Then you will be able to fold it all up and the accordion pages will be hidden inside.
7. Cut out all of the printable pages using the marks on the page as a guide. Adhere them in place with double sided adhesive. There will be 12 pages.
8. Using double sided adhesive adhere “Come Let us Adore Him” onto a red piece of cardstock and then onto the back of your journal.
9. Using a 2” hole punch cut out the “12 days of CHRISTmas” and then cut out 3” circle out of coordinating red cardstock, glue the smaller circle on of top. Adhere half the circle onto the front cover so it overlaps the flap. On the inside of the flap use velcro as a closure.
I am currently in the process of hosting my annual Pennywise Presents series on my blog. It is all handmade, all month, under $10 gifts. I would love for you to come say hi.
Thanks Beckie! I really like the idea of taking time to write out your thoughts and inspiration. Thank you for sharing this with us. You can leave a comment for Beckie here or stop by her blog and catch her Pennywise Presents series HERE. Thanks for dropping in.