When I started this blog, I made a LOT of t-shirts for my boys. It's been a while since I've made a boy tee, so I got out my fabric paint today to give it a shot. I really like all the herringbone pattern I've seen popping up everywhere and the beauty of it is that it's crazy easy to do. Chevron can be hard, but herringbone is cake.
So, I got out a blank tee and some tape along with my Tulip fabric paint and a paintbrush. I used paint tape, but you could definitely use masking tape as well.
I began by taping vertical lines onto the shirt.
Then I added the diagonal lines. You could measure it all out, but I just eyed it.
Then I painted the shirt. (I laid some paper inside the shirt so the paint wouldn't bleed through.) I painted it all blue, but a little orange for more vision interest.
I peeled off the tape and heat set the paint after it dried. (To heat set the paint just place a sheet over it and iron it for 20 seconds or so.)