Choosing the best moisturizer for a newborn can be difficult.
No. It doesn’t have to do with how experienced you are. Sometimes, factors such as price, quality of the product, availability, and your baby’s skin can cause this.
With dozens of formulations and brands out there, it becomes very important to choose carefully.
Since you’re looking for one that’ll meet your baby’s needs, it has to be the best. However, it can be complicated than just choosing the best, especially if your baby has sensitive skin.
So, which one should you choose?
The best newborn moisturizer is one that’ll keep your baby soft and rash-free.
Yes! Babies have very smooth and unblemished skins. However, in some cases, you’ll still need something that’ll keep that skin soft.
And if you’re reading this, you already know that a moisturizer can make a difference.
Aside from keeping your baby’s skin smooth and soft, it can also preserve the health of the skin by fighting off skin irritation, itching, cracking, and rashed.
When used after bathing your baby, a moisturizer will preserve the moisture on the skin from drying out. And when that’s done, you can expect the moisture that remains on the skin to keep it soft and fresh.
So, what’s the best moisturizer for newborn babies?
Review of the Best Moisturizer for Newborn Babies in 2022
1. Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion
There are a lot of moisturizers out there. However, only a few are worth looking at. The Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion is one of such products.
With high-quality ingredients and great workmanship, this moisture lotion is a good option to consider. Whether your baby is suffering from dry irritated skin or eczema, you can use this lotion to goo effect.
It doesn’t just protect and nourish your baby’s skin but also cleans and calms your baby. And for those babies suffering from dry skin, you can try this out.
It’s easy to manage and direct to help your baby’s skin get better. This is especially great for those who want to prevent dry skin in their baby and keep it soft and smooth.
Some of the ingredients used in the content include Dimethicone, Oat kernel flour and Glycerin.
The first ingredient is is a skin conditioning agent, used in most lotions. It helps in sealing moisture on the body, so there is little to no loss.
The Oat kernel flour works similarly. It prevents dry skin and also soothes the body while keeping the moisture so your baby’s body can remain soft and plush.
Our skin also has this natural moisture sealing power. But Glycerin can make this even stronger.
2. Just Hatched Soft Baby Body Lotion
The Just Hatched Soft Baby Body Lotion is another great moisturizer to consider for your newborn. It’s not greasy. Moisturizes baby’s skin well. And it’s easy to massage on the skin.
The scent is thin and light so that it doesn’t disturb your baby when it’s used. There are some others that that come with an overpowering scent that can even affect an adult.
Fortunately, the Just Hatched Soft Baby Body Lotion is different. Instead, it smells wonderfully well, as confirmed by different users.
Again, it doesn’t come with any harsh ingredients. As you probably know, this is one of the most important things to look out for when buying a cream for your baby’s skin. With a clean ingredient list, your baby doesn’t face any risk of skin cancer or adverse health effects.
Moreover, it’s inexpensive too. Generally, moisturizers are affordable. But you’ll still come across those that are steeply-priced.
And for most moms, those are a no-go area. If you want something that’s distinct from others and affordable too, check out this one.
3. Aveeno Baby Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream
Has your baby been battling eczema and can’t seem to get better? Does the condition keep getting worse? Then you need the Aveeno Baby Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream.
This cream is good for many things, especially if you’re using it for your baby.
But one of the great things about this moisturizer is that it works more just moisturizing your baby’s skin. It can be used to treat eczema successfully, as many moms have seen.
Moreover, it doesn’t just treat eczema and make it go away. It also calms your baby’s itchy skin during the process.
Thus, it helps to relieve that suffering that comes with the condition while slowly treating and healing the skin.
Aside from all of that, it’s a great cream for your baby’s skin. It keeps the skin soft and free from breakouts.
To confirm all these, you should click the link below and read more reviews from moms who’ve tried the product for their babies.
When you’re looking for the best moisturizer for newborns, you need to consider a lot of factors.
One of these is the material used in making the moisturizer.
Not all moisturizers are good to use on a baby’s skin. This can be even harder if the baby’s skin is sensitive.
Therefore, you shouldn’t just consider the price of the item. It’s important that the ingredients are good and not harmful too.
In essence, the first thing you want to look at when selecting is the content of the moisturizer. If you’re not sure of the content or don’t know about the quality, you should definitely consider another one.
Another factor you shouldn’t overlook is the maker of the item itself. In most cases, buying from a reputable manufacturer means you’re getting good quality.
However, you won’t always get the product you want from an established brand. So, you may want to look at others too. In this case, make sure the brand you’re buying from is well-known with quality products.
There are a lot of new brands that produce very good products. Products that are reliable.
How do you identify these new brands if you cannot get your hand on the product from an established one?
Look at the reviews on the brand. If the majority of the reviews are positive, you’re likely to be choosing a quality product. If not, then it’s best to ignore it.
Lastly, don’t be deceived by the price of the item you’re looking at. Not all products that are cheap are quality. And not all expensive products are of good quality.
Look carefully before making your choice.
Check out some other moisturizers from Amazon also:
- 100% EDIBLE Ingredients - the only ingredients we consider safe for our little ones' sensitive skin are the ones that are edible! We are proud to...
- BABY LOTION ORGANIC: Our ingredients are not only EDIBLE but also naturally sourced and organic so you don't have to worry when they are absorbed...
- FRAGRANCE FREE BABY LOTION - our newborn lotion is rich in organic oils and extracts with fresh and delicate natural scent, so we didn't have to add...
- NON TOXIC baby lotion that is FREE FROM parabens, phthalates, dyes, synthetics and other nasties! It's also a dermatologically tested and...
- KEY INGREDIENTS: The star ingredients in our one-of-a-kind baby moisturizer are: ORGANIC ROSE WATER and ORGANIC COCONUT OIL. These all natural baby...
- CETAPHIL BABY DAILY LOTION: Specially designed to moisturize and protect babys sensitive skin from dryness
- 24-HOUR MOISTURE: Gentle formula with blend of moisturizing ingredients like sweet almond and sunflower seed oils hydrate babys skin all day and night
- SKIN SOFTENING: Calendula extract from the marigold flower helps moisturize and soften skin while leaving a fresh scent
- DESIGNED FOR BABYs SENSITIVE SKIN: Dermatologist tested to be safe and gentle, these formulas are also hypoallergenic and free from parabens,...
- DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED for Sensitive Skin
- "Best baby skincare" – the Bump (Award winner)
- Noticeably softer skin: Lightweight formula enriched with organic sunflower Oil, Aloe Vera, shea butter, jojoba seed Oil, and vegetable glycerin for...
- Developed by doctors: clinical-grade moisturizer for newborns, infants, toddlers, children developed by pH.D. Chemist from MIT, tested by...
- All Skin types: softer, smoother, more comfortable skin after the first use – even with eczema, cradle cap, sensitive, delicate, or extra dry skin
- NO silicones, parabens
- Rich moisture: Baby Dove Rich Moisture Hypoallergenic Body Lotion (20 oz.) gently nourishes and hydrates baby's sensitive skin after bath time,...
- Safety-tested: Our caring baby lotion formulas are created without dyes, parabens, or phthalates and ophthalmologist, dermatologist, and pediatrician...
- Nourishing baby lotion: Made with 100 percent skin-natural nutrients, which are nutrients identical to those naturally found in skin, and prebiotic...
- Gentle hydration: Our baby body lotion with 24-hour moisturizer soothes and hydrates dry skin from the very first use
- Hypoallergenic skin care: This pH-neutral and hypoallergenic body lotion is suitable for newborns and gives delicate baby skin the complete care it...
- 27.1-fluid ounce bottle of Johnson's CottonTouch Newborn Baby Face & Body Lotion to nourish and moisturize your newborn baby's skin
- Blended with real cotton, this moisturizing baby lotion is ultra-light and breathable. It absorbs quickly and leaves behind no residue only your...
- It is perfectly pH-balanced to baby's skin, hypoallergenic, and clinically proven to be gentle and mild on newborns. It is free of parabens,...
- This nourishing body and face lotion is specially designed for your newborn's skin to leave it feeling soft and provides light and silky...
- Johnson's products are designed to meet or exceed the top internationally recognized regulatory standards. Look for other products in the Johnson's...
- Made without parabens, phthalates, dyes or fragrances
- Made with plant-derived, certified organic and other thoughtfully chosen ingredients
- Made with NeoNourish Seed Oil Blend, our own blend of tomato, sunflower, cranberry, black cumin and raspberry seed oils
- Pediatrician and dermatologist tested
- Gentle Baby Lotion Formula: This Eucerin fragrance free baby lotion is gentle enough to use every day and this sensitive skin baby lotion is enriched...
- Convenient Pump Bottle: Pump bottle of baby lotion makes it easy to dispense and apply
- Free Of: Eucerin moisturizing baby lotion is hypoallergenic, free of fragrances, parabens, dyes and drying alcohols
- Pediatrician and Dermatologist Recommended: Eucerin is a pediatrician and dermatologist recommended skin care brand that is based on an uncompromising...
- Includes one (1) 13.5 fluid ounce pump bottle of Eucerin Baby Body Lotion