I saw this cute little shirt the other day on JCrew. I thought I'd give it a shot. It turned out a bit different, but here's my attempt.
1) I bought 2 t-shirts for $4 each. One to wear and one for the extra matching fabric. I think these embellished t-shirts usually look best tone on tone.
2) I cut off the hemmed sleeves and the collar, to give it more of a raw look.
3) I cut some strips out of the extra shirt.
4) I sewed them on the shirt like this. See how they flop over and you don't see the seam? Yeah, baby.
See how I moved up the shirt doing the same? I just went from the bottom strip and worked my way up the shirt.
Now it's time to add the bow.
5) I sewed on the two hangy-down parts of the bow. (Yes, that's the official name for that part of the bow. Surprised you didn't know that.) I also pre-sewed the bow part and sewed the top of the strip that holds it all together. Then I sewed the bow down and hand sewed the bottom of that strip that holds it down, so you couldn't see it.
Ta-dah! Sorry this picture isn't super clear. I had some self-photo issues today. It was stormy, so it was too dim for a good natural photo. Hence, this one is a bit blurry.
It was raining outside, so I couldn't get the lens to focus on me while using the timer - just the rain. (However, I thought this photo was kind of cool anyhow.)
AND I couldn't get far enough away from myself to get a good self-photo. I need those go-go-gadget arms! Man!
I guess it's time to start giving Rex some photography lessons.
Thanks for stopping by. I have a really fun Feature Friday tomorrow.
PS - Brittany, I need your e-mail address to answer your question about the rip. It's not linked to your profile and I want to give you some suggestions!