In extreme weather conditions, your baby’s sensitive skin needs to be protected.
Most parents would shy away from using lotions even in winter because they want their babies to look as natural as possible.
While this is a good intention, it can lead to the baby having scaly skin, especially in winter.
As a watchful mom, you may not want this to happen to your little one. You probably want your baby’s skin to remain soft and adorable in all weather conditions.
That’s where the best baby lotion for winter comes in.
Choosing the right one for your baby means you’re not just protecting your baby’s skin but also making it easy for them to weather climate changes.
Why the Best Baby Lotion for Winter?
Most newborn babies have patches of dry, flaky skin or even eczema rashes that won’t go away on their own. It is important to keep an infant’s skin hydrated, especially those that have skin that is dry and splits.
Baby’s skin is ultra-sensitive, so it’s important to choose the right lotion. And like most things in life, stick to the mantra, less is more.
Pediatric dermatologists at the Mayo Clinic recommend products with fewer ingredients, no parabens, formaldehyde, dyes or fragrances.
What kind of lotion is best to use on your little one? Let’s look at four popular brands for babies currently on the market.
Reviews of the Best Baby Lotion for Winter in 2022
In extreme weather conditions, a baby’s sensitive skin needs to be preserved. In fact, it’s very important.
Even adults can experience dry and chapped skin, talk more of babies. During winter, a baby lotion can keep the skin moist and minimize skin problems that may result from extreme weather conditions.
Here are some of the best brands to choose for your baby:
1. Just Hatched Soft Baby Body Lotion
There are a lot of baby lotions out there. However, only a few are good for battling the extreme winter weather.
This lotion is just one of them.
Although this lotion is fragranced, it’s made with essential oils. This is better compared to using synthetic ingredients and totes.
The added benefit is bringing a calming and soothing relief to both baby and parent, especially at night. It’s gluten-free if that’s important for your child. Just Hatched’s hydrating formula is derived from coconut oil and sunflower seed oil.
It contains 19 ingredients, including some fruit extracts, aloe, and oats. It does not contain sulfates, parabens, or phthalates.
Although this company does claim that the lotion is cruelty-free, this particular product contains some animal ingredients. So, if that’s important to you, take it into account.
2. Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion
Don’t like the baby lotion above? Here is another good option worth looking at.
Aveeno’s Daily lotion contains no toxins, dyes, parabens, phthalates steroids, formaldehyde, fragrances, PEG or drying alcohol.
It’s also nut and dairy-free. What it does contain is colloidal oatmeal and rich emollients like dimethicone and glycerin. However, that doesn’t mean it’s going to harm your baby.
Many moms have found it to be a good addition to the collection of baby’s skincare products.
With 11 ingredients, it also contains some petrolatum. This is in addition to using fewer natural ingredients than other lotions. Yet, many parents of children with eczema swear by this lotion and will use nothing else.
Aveeno has a line of baby products and recommends using the regimen to bring the best moisture to your baby’s skin.
Aside from all these benefits, the manufacturer is also a reliable brand.
With a line of well-done baby products and a strong customer base, Aveeno is ready to provide you and your baby with a trustworthy product. Just check out the product page for more information.
3. Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment & Skin Protectant
This is another great baby lotion you can use in winter. And it’s from a reputable brand in the industry.
This ointment is intended for application after diaper changes and to especially dry, chafed skin. It’s hypoallergenic, dye, fragrance, and paraben-free.
According to the manufacturer, Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment is uniquely formulated to provide the extra gentle care your baby’s tender and delicate skin needs.
What makes this ointment specifically for baby is the addition of 15% zinc oxide to treat diaper rash. There are only 7 ingredients included.
However, it lists its “active ingredient” as petrolatum at 41% and the rest of the “inactive ingredients” include items like mineral oil.
As you can see, the Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment is among the best options to choose from. Check out the reviews and the pricing data on the product page.
4. Aveeno Baby Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream
The next baby moisturizing cream on the list is the Baby Therapy Moisturizing Cream from Aveeno. Aside from being reasonably priced, it’s one of the top-rated creams in its category.
Like its counterpart, Aveeno Eczema cream is free of toxins, dyes, parabens, phthalates, steroids, formaldehyde, fragrances, PEG or drying alcohol. What it also has is a seal of approval from the National Eczema Association.
In addition, they have an eczema therapy bath treatment, wash and shampoo (lightly fragranced with lavender & vanilla) and a nighttime balm to compliment this product.
Its ingredient list is on the long side, with 15, but it contains a triple oat complex with colloidal oatmeal, oat kernel extract and oat kernel oil.
By putting it here doesn’t mean it comes with the least quality in the least. In fact, it’s one of the recommended moisturizing creams you can get for your baby. Not just because it’s made from a reputable brand.
But also because it has performed excellently for other moms too.
There are certainly a lot of baby lotions on the market. But when you’re looking for something to use in winter, not many options may be feasible.
And since you want the best for your baby, you want to choose the best. That can certainly take some time, especially if you’re buying a baby lotion for the first time.
You don’t have to spend so much time researching different brands and going through reviews. We’ve done all the homework for you.
All you need to do is choose one that’ll not just satisfy your baby’s needs but also your budget. All of the items above have been researched and are at the top in their category for use during winter.
Try one of them today!
If these weren’t enough, check out some other picks from Amazon:
- Pack with 3 bottles of 13.6-fluid ounces each of Johnson's CottonTouch Newborn Baby Face & Body Lotion to nourish and moisturize your newborn baby's...
- Blended with real cotton, this moisturizing baby lotion is ultra-light and breathable. It absorbs quickly and leaves behind no residue--only your...
- It is perfectly pH-balanced to baby's skin, hypoallergenic, and clinically proven to be gentle and mild on newborns. It is free of parabens,...
- This nourishing body and face lotion is specially designed for your newborn's sensitive skin and provides light and silky moisturization that lasts...
- Our safety assurance process is designed to meet or exceed governmental regulatory cosmetic standards around the world, so you can feel good about...
- Cetaphil Baby Daily Lotion: Specially designed to moisturize and protect baby’s sensitive skin from dryness.
- 24 Hour Moisture: Moisturizes your baby’s delicate skin for 24 hours
- Dermatologist Recommended Brand: Cetaphil Baby is dedicated to expert care for your baby's delicate skin. Sulfate-Free, Dye-Free
- Formulated with Vitamin E and Sweet Almond Oil: Along with sunflower seed oil and unsaturated acids to further soften skin
- Safe and Gentle : Paraben free, colorant free, mineral oil free and hypoallergenic
- NEW from Earth Mama (formerly Earth Mama Angel Baby) ultra-rich organic calendula coconut balm to help soothe baby faces
- An organic alternative to petroleum jelly
- Helps moisturize and ease drooly, dry chins, drippy noses and dry skin
- Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth
- NO petroleum, GMOs, parabens, artificial fragrance or preservatives
- 100% EDIBLE Ingredients - the only ingredients we consider safe for our little ones' sensitive skin are the ones that are edible! We are proud to...
- BABY LOTION ORGANIC: Our ingredients are not only EDIBLE but also naturally sourced and organic so you don't have to worry when they are absorbed...
- FRAGRANCE FREE BABY LOTION - our newborn lotion is rich in organic oils and extracts with fresh and delicate natural scent, so we didn't have to add...
- NON TOXIC baby lotion that is FREE FROM parabens, phthalates, dyes, synthetics and other nasties! It's also a dermatologically tested and...
- KEY INGREDIENTS: The star ingredients in our one-of-a-kind baby moisturizer are: ORGANIC ROSE WATER and ORGANIC COCONUT OIL. These all natural baby...
- Fast absorbing Non-greasy Gentle for baby
- Hypoallergenic Dermatologist-tested.
- Naturally derived ingredients.
- Made without silicones, parabens, phthalates, synthetic fragrances, mineral oil, dyes.
- Not tested on animals..
- Colloidal Oatmeal, Ceramides and Licorice Root: This Eucerin eczema cream for babies is formulated with Colloidal Oatmeal (a skin protectant),...
- Clinically Proven Formula: Eucerin Baby Eczema Relief Cream contains a clinically proven moisturizing formula that relieves dry, itchy, eczema-prone...
- Free Of: This Eucerin Baby cream for eczema relief is steroid free and fragrance free, and is appropriate for use on adults, children, and babies 3...
- 24 Hour Hydration: Eucerin Eczema Relief Baby Cream delivers 24 hour hydration, and helps to strengthen the skin's protective barrier
- Includes one (1) 5 ounce tube of Eucerin Baby Eczema Relief Body Cream
- 8-fluid ounces of Johnson's Moisturizing Creamy Oil for Baby with Shea and Cocoa Butter provides a gentle way to care for your baby's skin
- Suitable for daily use by babies, kids and adults alike, the creamy oil is designed to restore essential moisture to delicate skin and moisturizes for...
- Formulated with nourishing shea and cocoa butter, the quick-absorbing baby oil relieves dryness, leaving baby's skin soft and smooth with a non-greasy...
- Tested with dermatologists, it is formulated to be gentle, never harsh and is clinically proven mild. The hypoallergenic formula is free from...
- Every Johnson's product is designed to meet or exceed the top internationally recognized regulatory standards. To use, massage the rich moisturizing...
- Carefully selected ingredients from the nature are used for babies and organic shear butter layer forms to relieve itchiness and irritation
- Hyaluronic acid is a natural moisturizing ingredient in skin to help lock in moist in skin. Hyaluronic acid is natural moisturizing ingredient. It...
- As organic cosmetics products do not use silicon oil, most of them is slowly absorbed and not so rich; Creamy Lotion has cream-like texture and...
- With rich natural oil ingredient, you can do basic baby massage with Creamy Lotion; Put on a handful of the lotion on mom’s hands and rub to warm...
- Texture in between cream-colored lotion and cream; Mild thickness of natural oil