One of the first things you have to consider when choosing the best bugger for a 2-year-old baby is the size and height.
For example, if your baby has a low muscle tone, you may need a bigger and more accommodating stroller.
Fortunately, some of these buggies have very large seats that’ll take an older child and keep them comfortable even on a long stroll.
You may need to pay more for a bigger model than a compact one, though. This is why you should be sure what size your baby will need.
You’ll be able to find the size and height of any of the buggies. All you have to do is to have your baby’s size/height on hand while you’re browsing through the product page.
This will help you towards making an informed decision for your baby.
What to Consider When Choosing
How old is your baby?
Yes, your baby’s age should affect your decision.
This is more obvious since you’re choosing the best buggy for a 2-year-old. In this case, you’ll be looking at those strollers that are designed for older babies.
Consequently, you want it to not just be accommodating but also durable and sturdy. You’ll need to look at the frame and the general construction of the stroller. Then ask yourself, “will my baby be comfortable in this buggy?”
If you can answer positively to this, then you’re on the right path.
Is it easy to use?
Even with one hand? The point of choosing the right baby buggy is to present a comfortable area for your baby while you go about your daily leisure walk.
That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be comfortable too when pushing your baby. Many strollers boast for ergonomic handles and some have even innovated in that area.
These are the types you want to be looking at. Look for one that’s easy to grip and doesn’t cause hand fatigue quickly that you’ll find it a chore to push.
The best buggy for a 2-year-old is one that’s comfortable for your baby and is a dream to push.
Does it fit the bill?
You won’t be able to afford all the strollers that you see. That’s why you have to have your own criteria and budget too.
As long as a product is reasonably priced and you can afford it, you should go for it. However, that is after you understand that it comes with all the features you like. If it lacks too much, you should drop it.
It if has all the features plus more and fits your bill, then that’s a good one.
How do you select the best buggy for a 2-year-old?
But first. Having a baby definitely changed my body.
So more than caring for and nurturing my little Sierra, I had to figure out the safest ways to move around with her as I went about my day to days, bearing in mind that getting back in shape was number five on my list of priorities.
I thought I hit the jackpot picking the first designer baby buggy I came across.
My first walk/workout pushing Sierra would prove me wrong. I’d come to find that just picking a random product wasn’t enough.
I’d realized that beyond my baby’s sitting comfort and having room to carry as many items as I possibly needed to. Surfaces, sturdiness, height, adjustability, weight, grip, foldability and safety.
All these played equally important roles in buying the right baby buggy for Sierra. Having used a few baby buggies over time, these are my findings:
Choosing the Best Buggy for a 2-Year-Old Baby
1. Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Stroller
If you’re like me and you double up baby buggies as work out gear, you’d love this product.
It comes with a front-wheel for easy maneuvering, is smooth gliding even on rough terrain and locks for jogging.
For safety, it’s large tires are guaranteed to roll effortlessly over all surfaces.
It’s a great suggestion for holding food and liquids as it features cup holders and a convenient tray for babies and parents.
In fact, it comes with a huge compartment for holding gear.
It’s reclining padded seat, allowing for babies to sleep comfortably at a 45-degree angle while enjoying shelter from its large over the head canopy.
The stroller is strong like a statue
The foremost advantage of choosing this stroller over a cheap stroller is its sturdiness. A flimsy stroller won’t last much like a durable one. Even with occasional use.
Aside from withstanding heavy usage, the Expedition Jogger Stroller should last you a long time compared to others. Both the frame and the seat fabric are strong.
This makes the stroller a good one for older babies.
The comfort is baby focused
Another thing I like about the stroller is the comfort features it comes with. This is more beneficial for those moms who like to go on longer trips with their babies.
If you’re one of these people, then you’ll enjoy this stroller. The seat is very comfy and fully padded so your baby can stay inside longer without resulting in pain.
Moreover, the seat reclines to a sleeping position so your baby can take quick naps on your trips.
It’s convenient for both mom and baby
As you probably have seen from the above, this buggy comes with lots of extra features.
There is a cup holder beside the seat, where you can drop your baby’s cup so he/she can refresh on the go.
A storage bin is also attached below the seat where you can store your phone, keys, baby toys, handbag, and a host of other items you’ll need on the go.
The canopy also comes with a little flap with a bigger sun visor so your kid is fully protected from the harmful rays of the sun. The handlebars are well placed.
Not only that. They’re sturdy and ergonomic too so that it’s easier to maneuver.
If you’re buying on a budget, this probably isn’t for you. The price is a bit on the high side. But if you think you spend a little above a hundred dollars, you’re good to go.
2. The Pockit Lightweight Stroller
A lightweight stroller and with a reputation of being one of the world’s smallest folding strollers, this is a great option.
This is even important if you’re looking for something compact and light as it’s got a two-step folding design. In fact, it folds down to 11.8” x 13.8”, which is small and compact enough to go on most cars.
It also weighs 9.5 pounds and can hold a child from 6 months to 55 pounds and 11 pounds of gear making it perfect for daily trips or extended travels.
As per safety and comfort, it’s safety belts have comfort pads and fasten features that allow for a cozy and secure fit and for adapting as the child grows.
It is easy to push with one hand, sturdy and adjustable in length so one needs not to worry about aching torsos. It also features an overhead canopy for proper sheltering, a rear wheel and parking breaks.
What We Like
There are a lot of things to like on this stroller. It’s not just comfortable. But easy to use. Convenient. And it’s affordable too.
What more can you ask for?
Well, you can ask about the brand…Summer Infant is a well-known brand and this is one of their best selling, popular models on the market right now.
Let’s go into more details:
This stroller is slim, lean, tiny.
What do I mean by that? If you’re looking for the best buggy for a 2-year old baby that’s tiny, thin, and light, then you’ve come across the right one.
It’s very lightweight, thus making it a great stroller for traveling.
In fact, it folds to the right size and you take it as a carry-on on the plane. And it’ll slide under the seat or any small space around. Not another baggage for you.
If you’re mostly on the go and want to always have your baby by your side, this is a nice option for you.
And if you fancy going in your car, on weekend trips to the park or to grandma’s place, this stroller shouldn’t disappoint you.
It’ll go anywhere in your car…the backseat, the car boot, name it!
It’s sturdy too.
Well… you may read some reviews and some users will claim it’s not strong. That’s very subjective.
Lightweight does not equal flimsiness. Rather, the Pockwit Lightweight Stroller is sturdy. It’s well constructed. And designed to last long.
So, don’t let the photograph alone fool you. The unit is durable as claimed by many users.
Storage is a breeze
Plan to store this after your baby outgrows it? Yes, that isn’t going to be a problem. Ever! No matter how small your place is, you’ll be able to find a place to slip this in.
It’s one of the best buggies for small apartments.
One downside for this is that it doesn’t come with straps or a bag. Therefore, you’ll need to buy one or uses an old one.
Since it may not be depicted by the picture, it’s worth mentioning that this isn’t an all-terrain stroller. It’s most suitable for use on smooth pavement.
3. Summer Infant 3D Lite Convenience Stroller
This baby buggy features anti-shock front wheels which make it a great option for maneuvering on rough surfaces.
With seat dimensions of 13” in width, 10.25” in depth and 17.5” in height.
This allows the stroller to offer a roomy experience for infants as tall as 43”.
It allows for approximately 12 pounds of gear in storage and is highly durable and it can be used from birth to 50lbs.
It is lightweight, allowing for ease in maneuvering, brilliantly shaded, providing protection from the sun and compact.
So, this means you can easily fit it in the trunk of a car and overhead storage bin of an airplane. This makes it worthy of daily trips and extended travels.
These are only part of the features you’ll enjoy on this stroller. For a detailed explanation of the advantages, let’s look at some of the features in detail.
Light in weight, compact in size
If you look at some of the reviews on this article, you’ll discover that these strollers come in different sizes. The most suitable one for a 2-year-old is one that’s easy to use both indoors and outdoors.
Fortunately, the Summer Infant 3D Lite Convenience Stroller is one of such strollers. The frame is made from 100% aluminum, which wears better than metal. It doesn’t accept rust as easily.
Moreover, being all-aluminum means it’s air-light. And with that, lifting and carrying the buggy around shouldn’t be much of a problem once it’s packed up.
In addition to that, it weighs only 13 pounds, which is one the lower end of the spectrum. With many other buggies weighing 15 pounds and above, this is one of the lightest buggies you’ll come across.
Reclining is very easy
The seat can be adjusted so it can offer a variety of positions for the convenience of your baby. The seat can be adjusted, to make a flat surface that your baby can nap on. It’s also great for making diaper changes on the go.
In addition, the seat comes with a 5-point harness, which is more powerful than a 3-point harness system.
First, you can easily modify it to accommodate your baby as he/she grows. Second, the fluffy pads on the seat provide a good base so your baby can be comfortable on the go.
The unit has a lot of space. With an extra-large basket on the buggy, you can easily store diaper bags and other accessories you’ll need on the go.
There is another storage area that’s reserved for smaller items like keys, phones, and others.
Both storage option ensures you have enough space to keep things you’ll need on each trip, therefore providing convenience for you and your baby anytime, anywhere.
Canopy is also located on the unit to protect your baby from the elements. This is especially great for use in the summer. And coupled with the pop-out sun visor, you can go out with your baby on a sunny day and not feel it too much.
Now that you understand what factors to look at and recommended models to try, it’s time to choose one. Don’t choose based on appearance or price alone.
Look at some other things like brand reputation, quality, construction, size, etc. By putting these things into consideration, you’re closing the door on buyer remorse later.
Not only will your baby like you for it, but you’ll enjoy yourself. And that’s the essence of choosing the right product.
If these weren’t enough, check out some other picks from Amazon also:
- MODERN DESIGNED COMBI DOLLS PRAM FROM BAYER DESIGN – With its modern Design and fashionable colours our stable „Neo Vario“ is not only a real...
- HEIGHT-ADJUSTABLE-HANDLE AND REVERSIBLE HANDLE – Due to its height-adjustable handle (59 – 79cm) the perfect height for your children can be found...
- FOLDABLE WITH INTEGREATED SHOPPING BASKET – Have you ever planned a wonderful trip with your family? But don't have enough space in the car for all...
- CONVERTIBLE TO PUSHCHAIR/ JOGGER - The Neo Vario can easily be converted into a pushchair, so your favourite doll/plush toy can also be driven while...
- EASYGO CAR SEAT ADAPTABLE FOR NEO VARIO – Our brand new "Easy Go" car seat can be easily attached to our Neo Vario Combi doll's pram and thus...
- Infant car seat ready ; no need to purchase additional adapters and now has a soft shell cocoon carrycot available (sold separately) for newborns
- New, narrower compact size at just Dimension - 12 x 22 x 20 inches (Folded) with 44 lb. weight capacity and suitable for children up to 4 years
- Easy two-step, compact fold meets regulations for airline carryon luggage
- Travel bag and shoulder strap included.New features for 2016 model include: 30% deeper recline, 1"narrower width, greater sunhood coverage, solid...
- Maximum load:20kg / 44lb
- LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN: Travel friendly lightweight design (only 11.8 lbs), perfect for traveling and day trips. Disney Size Approved!The assembled...
- EXTENDED CANOPY & SUN PROTECTION: Three-tier, extended canopy for maximum UV protection. A peek-a-boo window so you can easily keep a watchful eye on...
- EASY ONE-HAND FOLD: Convenient one-hand, self-standing fold, perfect for car travel and vacations. Folded Dimensions: 18" W x 12" d x 34" h....
- RECLINING SEAT: Reclining seat offers 5-point safety restraint system and accommodates child up to 50 pounds and 40 inches tall. (Seat does not...
- ROOMY STORAGE: Large, easy to access storage basket holds all baby's necessities. Removable child tray with dual cup & juice box holder, and parent...
- Stroller designed for children up to 50 pounds and up to 42"
- Dual front wheels for superior maneuverability
- Large canopy with peek-a-boo window and large storage basket
- Height-adjustable handle and covered parent tray is great for mom and dad
- Swing-away child's tray with snack/cup holders
- Universal Design: Hrzeem stroller rain cover effectively protects baby from rain, wind, snow, and dust. It is designed to fit most single strollers,...
- Food Grade Material: Hrzeem stroller rain cover is made with premium Food Grade EVA material, which is more eco-friendly than PVC plastic. Using...
- Ventilation Function: There are air holes on both sides of the rain cover, which let fresh air in and keep from rain, snow and winds. The ventilation...
- Transparent Design: Baby can have a perfect vision inside the stroller rain cover with the transparent rain cover.
- Hrzeem are committed to provide quality baby products and service. We’re sure that you’ll love our stroller rain cover and mosquito net. If you...
- Includes EZ Flex-Loc infant car seat and base
- Large soft head support for the car seat or the stroller
- Peek-a-boo window and Covered parent tray with two deep cup holders
- Multi-position reclining seat and Height adjustable handle
- One hand fold